This is a blended learning program incorporating the convenience of online video training, two onsite workshops, weekly live coaching with a seasoned PM executive, and leadership checkins that enhance the team’s progress.
You choose which products to apply the frameworks and techniques so that everything we do during these 6 weeks drive your business forward with the foundations needed in delivering products that customers love and that drive growth.
- We kickoff with an onsite workshop covering how our Groundwork curriculum applies to your teams products, covering each major Groundwork element: Problem, Persona and Customer Needs. We also introduce the ten design thinking techniques we’ll cover in this bootcamp, and dive right into the first one.
- Each week, team members view online training videos and complete the practical exercises
- Each week, your team receives live coaching calls with one of our product executives; applying the learning and tools to your product
- Week 5, we’re back together in a second onsite workshop. We take what we’ve done in the bootcamp to date and apply the remaining design thinking methods most useful to PM; augmenting the frameworks and practices we are covering in the course while moving each team forward in the product creation process
- We work closely with team leaders and managers for updates on team progress.
Weekly Content Summary
- Week 1: WORKSHOP 1 – Groundwork Overview & Application Workshop
Online Training: Introduction
- Week 2: Defining an actionable Problem & Customer Persona
- Week 3: Scrappy Research Techniques
- Week 4: Hypothesis-Led Learning
- Week 5: WORKSHOP 2 – Design Thinking for PM
Online Training: Concept Testing
- Week 6: Unpacking Research; Deriving Needs
Week 1: WORKSHOP 1 + Introduction
Our first workshop introduces the executive coaches, the Rebels philosophy on product management and dives deep into each Groundwork element including examples, simple “how to’s” for each, and has the team applying the tools and frameworks together on your products immediately, within the workshop.
In addition to the workshop time, we ask the product team to review the introduction videos as a primer for getting started. Videos include:
- Introduction (11 min)
- Setting Context (13 min)
- Product Management Defined (OPTIONAL) (22 min)
Total Time: 24 Min
Week 2: Defining an Actionable Problem & Persona
- Problem Statement Intro (15 min)
- Problem Statement Examples & Exercise (5 min)
- Crafting the Problem Statement (11 min)
- Customer Persona Intro (14 min)
- Customer Persona Picture Board Exercise (7 min)
- Customer Persona Breakdown (7 min)
Total Time: 59 Min
Week 3: Scrappy Research
- Scrappy Research Introduction (27 min)
- Scrappy Research Planning (8 min)
- Scrappy Research Screener (6 min)
- Scrappy Moderator Guide (9 min)
- Mock Interview (13 min)
Total Time: 63 Min
Week 4: Hypothesis-Led Learning
- Introduction to Hypothesis-Led Learning (13 min)
- Developing a Hypothesis (14 min)
- Building a Hypothesis-led Learning Plan (6 min)
- Testing Hypothesis (7 min)
Total Time: 40 Min
Week 5: WORKSHOP 2 + Online Training
Our second workshop goes deep into 9 additional design thinking techniques that are critical to product management. By this point in the program, the team(s) will have conducted actual interviews (using the techniques covered in previous) with customers within their problem spaces. We will take what they’ve learned in those interviews and, in real time, apply key design thinking techniques together; all the while building upon the progress made to date for each product team and establishing repeatable practices for future efforts.
Each design thinking technique we cover will come with downloadable tools and simple instructions for easy ongoing application.
In addition the team will have the following online training this week:
- Product Concepts Introduction (18 min)
- Developing a Product Concept (18 min)
Total Time: 36 Min
Week 6: Unpacking the Research; Deriving Needs
- Customer Needs Intro (22 min)
- Customer Needs Deep Dive (12 min)
- Customer Needs Prioritization (9 min)
Total Time: 43 Min